28 Days On, 28 Days Off Rotation. 6-12 Month Contract. Gulf of Thailand.
- A technical degree in mechanical/petroleum or related field preferred, however, the equivalent in industry experience will be considered.
- 7 years minimum experience as a Wellsite Supervisor in UBD/MPD/PMCD/Air Drilling Operations, especially in South East Asia.
- Valid IADC Well Sharp/IWCF Supervisor (Land) Certificate.
- Relevant MPD Supervisor Training Certificate.
- Knowledge of slinging and lifting overhead loads
- Understand the dangers of energized fluids and associated equipment
- Understand the dangers of working around high-pressure lines
- Understand Process and Information Diagrams and Flow Systems
- Basic understanding of electronics
- Advanced understanding of mechanics
- Advanced understanding of hydraulics
- Familiar with drilling issues as they relate to conventional & MPD drilling practices.
- Strong communications and team skills.
- Proficiency in English Oral & Written.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Primary responsibilities of this position are the daily supervision of MPD Operations including pre-planning (e.g., HSE, HAZID and HAZOP) and producing the post-well performance summaries.
- The MPD Supervisor/Lead will supervise a team including MPD Mechanical Specialist and MPD Control Systems / DAQ Specialist.
- Manage client relationship and expectations on-site, and when appropriate, demonstrate and explain Managed Pressure Drilling technology – must be able to represent independently
- MPD Supervisors will work closely with other key personnel on location: Company Man, Directional Drillers, Data Techs, Drilling Foreman and Drillers.
- The MPD Supervisor to provide strategic customer information including client product and service requirements and expectations and post-well satisfaction.
- Supervise field installation and operation of Managed Pressure Drilling jobs including pre-planning and logistics, supervision of all on-site personnel and post-well performance summary reporting.
- Troubleshoot for field operations in the operation, maintenance and repair of Managed Pressure Drilling equipment
- Participate in the design and supervision of all Managed Pressure Drilling field tests
- Recommend new approaches and/or specifications for new and existing equipment, software and procedures
- Competent in the use of drilling engineering calculating programs and other related software.
- Perform Rig Survey & Rig Audit and able to prepare lay out & P&ID.
- Lead HARC, HAZID, HAZOP, and DWOP for MPD/PMCD operation
- Lead MPD Training Level I & II (Classroom) and Level III (Wellsite)
- May assist in managing optimum pressure control to achieve drilling objectives
- May participate in developing technical training programs for field personnel