Shaping the future of travel has always been important to JST Groups client. Today, with technology getting smarter by the minute, that future is more exciting than ever. JST Groups client works at the heart of the global travel industry and provides the technology which keeps the travel sector moving – from initial search to making a booking, from pricing to ticketing, from managing reservations to managing check-in and departure processes. Their products and solutions help to improve the business performance of their customers, travel agencies, corporations, airlines, ground handlers, hotels, railways, car rental companies, airports, cruise lines and ferry operators.
Assignments at JST Groups client offers the opportunity to learn and grow in an exciting and multicultural
The mission of our clients Automation teams is to improve overall operational efficiency through automation, incl. solutions to
improve time to market, automate recurrent tasks, reduce manual handling times of our employees to improve time to market but also support across business units. This includes activities to integrate, implement and secure travel industry content (flights, pricing data, hotels…) or related consultancy and services.
The software development team is specifically in charge of delivering tools to increase the efficiency of the Data Management activities and ensure data quality and system stability. They automate processes, provide workflows, monitoring, and reporting solutions. The team oversees applications covering a wide scope of functional activities (Air, Ticketing, Security, Hotel…) based on Java and web technologies. All software developments phases are covered in the team, from user requirements to deployment & support.
The scrum team is responsible for maintaining the client’s configuration database by ingesting and transforming structured csv files sent by different aggregators. It’s a Spark/Scala application running on a Databricks cluster on Azure.
The successful candidate will participate in the scrum team to maintain and evolve the application as well as secure its migration to Azure Cloud.
- Key Accountabilities:
- As Scala/Java/Cloud Big data developer, you will Analyse specifications and define user requirements for the development of new (or upgrade of existing) software solutions.
- Design systems and perform feasibility studies.
- Propose viable technical solutions to Product Management and/or users for validation.
- Develop software according to clients’ standards.
- Model, design and implement databases.
- Test and maintain the software, conduct unit, integration, and non-regression tests. Ensure a level of quality in line with the clients’ guidelines.
- Participate in the validation phase of the product cycle, fine-tuning when necessary to finalize the product.
- Support the customer by debugging existing solutions in collaboration with Product Manager or Product Definition Analyst
- Work in Agile mode, Scrum Framework & Kanban
- Customer Satisfaction Through Quality
- Customer Support
- Languages: Scala, Python, Bash
- Big Data Technology: Apache Spark, Azure
- Data Warehouse: Databricks
- CI/CD Tool: Jenkins
- Knowledge of Java EE and Front-End Technologies (Angular 8+) is a real plus.
- Quality Assurance processes knowledge.
- English: Advanced
- Good teamwork and Multicultural approach.
- Ability to present technical results to non-technical audience
- Ability to solve problems using Analytical and Conceptual Thinking.
- Good communication
- Creativity and curiosity.
- Knowledge Sharing.
- Customer Focus and Proactivity.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and seek to hire the best candidate regardless of age, beliefs, disability, ethnicity, gender or sexual orientation.
- Location: Bangkok Office (@ Client Site)
- Employment Type: Contract (12 months)
- Medical Insurance: Yes
- Visa & Work Permit for Foreign Nationals: Provided
- Salary: Depending on experience (Competitive)